Consider the following real-life scenario: A recent illness or injury has caused you to spend some time in the hospital. The doctor is ready to discharge you, but you are afraid and have reservations about being alone. Or perhaps you are concerned about the burden on your spouse or other family members. You wish the doctor would allow you to stay a couple more days so you could have a little more time to get stronger.
Mill Street Residence Has Respite Care Just for You
Known as respite care, this option is similar to a hotel where you rent a room on a day-to-day basis. What makes it different is that all the services our assisted-living program offers are included in the room cost. These services include:
- Furnished apartment, including basic cable TV and local telephone.
- Housekeeping services, including laundering of linens and towels.
- Access to 24-hour on-site staff and emergency call assistance.
- Assistance with your health and personal care needs.
- Two meals per day—you choose from breakfast, lunch and supper.
- Transportation for shopping and medical appointments.
- A full activity calendar and the opportunity to socialize with friends and neighbors.
By giving you a few extra days to get stronger, we can help you make the transition from hospital to home safely and successfully. Our respite care program may also provide a solution for people caring for a parent or loved one. When you can't be there, we can help by giving you the peace of mind that your loved one is being cared for while you are away. Call us for more information.
Back to top